Proven technology used in homes, schools, offices and hospitals, ion air purifiers are devices that install in duct air conditioning system up to 6 tons (2400 CFM) in size. These ionizers purify the air for homes and businesses.
How Ion Air Purifiers Work
When air passes over the ion air purifier, it produces ions — electrically charged air molecules. The needle-point bipolar ionization technology creates equal amounts of positive and negative ions, which are injected into the airstream and actively purify the supply air.
These ions kill mold, bacteria and viruses in the air conditioner coil and living space and reducing pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke and odors.
When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules – without them, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. Ion air purifiers have been proven, through independent lab testing, to significantly reduce a wide variety of pathogens and viruses similar to coronavirus in the breathing zone and on hard non-porous surfaces. It is important to note that we make no medical claims.
The ions also attach to allergens like pollen and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by your ventilation system’s air filter.
Ion air purifiers create healthy environments without producing ozone or any harmful byproducts.
How an Ion Air Purifier is Installed
Installation of an ion air purifier typically requires only 30 minutes. Clean Air Columbia will attach the device magnetically near the indoor fan in the air handler of your HVAC system. A screw may be used for additional reinforcement.
The ion air purifier will treat the air in any brand of residential duct air conditioning systems up to 6 tons (2400 CFM) in size. For homes or businesses with more than one furnace, a device is needed for each unit.
Self-cleaning ion air purifiers are maintenance-free and require no replacement parts or bulbs.
We promise that …
- We will wear gloves during an appointment to your home or business.
- Prior to entering your home or business, all tools and supplies are fogged with a disinfectant.
- We will maintain a safe distance (6 feet) from others whenever possible.
- We work quickly and efficiently, and we are mindful of protecting our customers when we enter homes.?
- We will stay home if sick. Let us know in advance of your appointment if you have any concerns or if you would like us to take special precautions. Please inform us if anyone in the household has health issues, like the flu or a cold.